Channel Clearance Surveys - Louisiana Port of Iberia, Louisiana
Hydrographic sidescan and multibeam sonar surveys were conducted covering the Acadiana Navigation Channel from Port Iberia to the Gulf Intracoastal Waterway (ICWW).
The M/V Royal Fish, a 25' aluminum hull jet boat, was equipped with a Benthos C3D combined multibeam and sidescan system, supported by the CodaOctopus F180 motion sensor. The C3D system combined high resolution imagery and wide swath bathymetry for bottom mapping, image interpretation, and a 3-dimensional look at the sea floor. The F180 provided the capability of a 1PPS timing stamp, Real-Time Kinematic (RTK) tides as well as accurate RTK positioning with the acquisition vessel motion and attitude data. Data was collected to the 5' water level on either side of the channel with multibeam sonar to provide 100% bottom coverage.
We processed the collected data using CARIS and QPS QINSy. All data was corrected for speed of sound in water, and tide levels. Charts and reports delivered for these projects involved many of the personnel and resources available in the TerraSond data processing and mapping groups in both Alaska and Texas.
Data processing tasks include:
- Applying water level, vessel motion, and velocity of sound correctors to determine the true depths;
- Marking and correlating sonar targets;
- Compiling reports, final smooth sheets, sidescan mosaics and digital data; and
- Processing data in Houston and Alaska using CARIS and QPS QINSy for field work.
- Harbor and Channel Condition Surveys
- Map and Plat Production
- Marine Route Surveys
- Multibeam Sonar Surveys
- Nautical Charting
- Side Scan Sonar Surveys