Benthic Habitat Mapping
For data collection, our hydrographers used a Reson 7125 multibeam sonar system, Applanix POS/MV Position and Attitude system, and QPS QINSy acquisition software and AML sound velocimeters. CARIS hydrographic data cleaning software was used for managing the MBES bathymetry.
For Kinematic positioning hydrographers were equipped with an Applanix POSPac Post Processed Kinematic (PPK) solution. CARIS was used to process the navigation files giving results that were equivalent or superior to the Real Time Kinematic solution. Two Trimble 5700's were used for the Global Positioning System (GPS) base stations.
Two Sea-Bird strain gauge style tide sensors were installed for the duration of the project to supplement and provide redundancy to the PPK solution.
• Performed Kinematic Multibeam Bathymetry and Multibeam Backscatter surveys at the 2 locations below.
Nuka Bay (~130 sq km)
Pye Islands (~120 sq km)
• Provided corrections to all soundings and document in a systematic manner.
• Provided MBES Backscatter files for client integration to Geocoder.
• Provided MBES Bathymetric data in CARIS format.
• Provided copies of all raw data collected during this survey.
• Generated a comprehensive survey report.