Marine Survey Project Manager-Houston, Texas
The Marine Survey Project Manager directs, plans and coordinates the activities of marine construction
projects so that the goals and objectives are accomplished safely within the scheduled time frame and
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Marine Survey Project Manager develops, leads, plans, organizes, and directs marine
construction projects to include managing scope, estimation, cost control, logistics, scheduling,
supervising project teams and serving as the client liaison for projects from start to finish and
throughout the entire project life cycle with emphasis on meeting deadlines and profitability.
• The Marine Survey Project Manager will also participate in client engagements, proposal team tasks
including evaluation of proposals, definition of scope, schedule and cost estimates, solicitation and
evaluation of subcontractor bids, and review of proposal packages before submittal.
• Negotiates, reviews and implement contracts and subcontracts; works within defined project scopes
and budgets; manages deadlines and prioritizes assignments and tasks.
• Oversees project logistics to include permits, scheduling staff, vessels, and coordinating equipment
allocation and rentals.
• The Marine Survey Project Manager directs and supervises staff and project teams by assigning
tasks, monitoring work flows, resolving problems, reviewing and evaluating staff work products,
methods, and procedures.
• Coordinates with HSEQ project safety, quality and requirements while executing work in accordance
with TerraSond policies, procedures and systems.
• Collaborates and reviews QA/QC, accuracy, completeness and compliance of data, deliverables
and reports with TerraSond Program Management, subject matter experts, deliverables team,
clients and others connected to survey project.
• Writes operation reports, maintain logs, update records and prepares client invoices in a timely
• Reviews and evaluates staff performance, conduct performance conversations and assists in
establishing staff career path goals and objectives.
• Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures,
enforcing rules, and making decisions and suggestions for the purchase of materials and services.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• The Marine Survey Project Manager will have demonstrated solid and proficient understanding of
project requirements, including budget, estimation, cost control, scheduling, regulatory
requirements, and project submittals.
• Excellent time management skills with thorough understanding of task assignment and efficient use
of time and resources.
• Excellent cooperation skills working efficiently with a team, training, coordinating, and leading others
in accomplishing work activities.
• The Marine Survey Project Manager must have unquestionable ethics, integrity, and demonstrated
commitment to excellence and safety requirements.
• Proof of effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Knowledge of codes, surveying principles, techniques and procedures preferred.
• Familiarity with field instrumentation and relevant software preferred.
• Ability to travel and work in other cities.
• Ability and willingness to perform work in both field and office settings.
• 5+ years project management experience. Prior military service will be considered for experience.
Marine construction project management preferred.
• Experience managing own projects, communicating well with clients and mentoring junior staff
• Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering or relevant discipline preferred.
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
• Valid Driver’s license required, must be legally eligible and insurable to drive
• Because this position may involve off shore survey work the ability to pass a Merchant Mariners
Physical may be required
• Possess or ability to procure a passport
• Possess or ability to procure TWIC
Work Environment and Physical Demands:
Work duties are performed in office and field environments. Survey work may be required to include
working at sea for extended periods of time and may require living and working in close, cramped
quarters. This position requires occasional heavy lifting of survey equipment. Adjusted work schedule,
long days, and evening/weekend hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
TERRASOND, an experienced multidisciplinary organization, remains one of the few truly independent,
agile, client-focused survey companies. We deliver innovative, reliable geospatial solutions with a strong
company-wide culture in HSE/Q.
OUR GREATEST resource is our people.
Our mission is to collect, compile, and identify geospatial and geophysical information that provides the
best possible solution offering the lowest risk for our clients.
Local around the globe, we excel at executing remote and challenging surveys. We have successfully
completed thousands of surveys in over 28 countries around the world for over 330 clients. These range
from inland surveys to deep ocean seabed exploration and mapping projects.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based
on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on
the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity,
disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our website at www.terrasond.com/careers.html. If you require
an accommodation to complete the application, please contact Human Resources at 713-690-4900 x247.
TerraSond is committed to a drug free workplace. Drug screening and background checks are required.