Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Verify, compile, process and prepare data in to an electronic drawing format as specified by Lead Cartographer, Project Manager or contract requirements
• Coordinate findings with the work of processing personnel, clients, and others connected to survey projects
• Abide by TerraSond Ltd.'s drafting standards and standard operating procedures
• Prepare and alter charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional models of terrain using computer graphics equipment
• Determine map content and layout, as well as production specifications such as scale, size, projection, and colors, and direct production to ensure that specifications are followed
• Identify, scale, and orient geodetic points, elevations, and other planimetric or topographic features, applying standard mathematical formulas
• Examine and analyze data from ground surveys, reports, aerial photographs, and satellite images to prepare topographic maps, aerial-photograph mosaics, and related charts
• Compile data required for map preparation, including aerial photographs, survey notes, records, reports, and original maps
• Review project contracts to ensure that survey data and results are presented in compliance with contract requirements
• Build and organize libraries of blocks, symbols, and images used in the creation of cartographic products
• Collect information about specific features of the Earth using aerial photography and other digital remote sensing techniques
• Revise existing maps and charts, making all necessary adjustments and corrections
• Inspect final compositions to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Build and update digital databases
• Assist with proposal preparation
• Working knowledge of applicable software packages to include AutoCad Civil 3D, Microsoft Word and Excel, and Map 3D
• Minimum of five years of relevant drafting and cartography experience
• AS/AA or BS/BA in Drafting, Geomatics, Cartography, Geography, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
• Working knowledge of conventional land survey and hydrographic survey data collection processes
• Background in mathematics to include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
• Knowledge of imagery manipulations, geo-referencing and coordinate systems
• Comprehensive knowledge of general drafting standards, GIS data, and all aspects of the field survey process
• Demonstrated commitment to safety principles and protocols
• Highly motivated, organized, and detail orientated
• Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability as a leader and team member
• Excellent time management with focus on client deliverables
• Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and commitment to excellence
TerraSond is a leader in geospatial solutions. We provide professional geospatial and geophysical services safely effectively and economically. With U.S. offices located in Alaska, Texas, and Washington, and international experience on a variety of projects in many countries on several continents, we survey worldwide.
We are Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
Press here to select and complete a job inquiry.
If you require an accommodation to complete the application please contact TerraSond’s HR department at (907) 745-7215 x 147.
TerraSond is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TerraSond does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.