A field to finish work opportunity for the right person who thrives on a variety of work and technical challenges. Our ideal candidate will have marine geospatial surveying experience and proven skills in generating charts and maps. Must be able to calibrate, operate, troubleshoot and maintain marine surveying equipment yet be a highly proficient and professional user of AutoCAD Civil3D to produce quality deliverables in an office environment. The right candidate will be able to manage time wisely, work well individually as well as in a team environment and be acutely detailed oriented. Because we hire only the best, TerraSond provides the opportunity for you to make the most of your career, work with highly talented people working in a highly safety conscience environment.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Verify, compile, process and prepare data in to an electronic drawing format as specified by Lead Cartographer, Project Manager or contract requirements
• Coordinate findings with the work of processing personnel, clients, and others connected to survey projects
• Abide by TerraSond Ltd.'s drafting standards and standard operating procedures
• Prepare and alter charts, tables, detailed drawings, and three-dimensional models of terrain using computer graphics equipment
• Determine map content and layout, as well as production specifications such as scale, size, projection, and colors, and direct production to ensure that specifications are followed
• Identify, scale, and orient geodetic points, elevations, and other planimetric or topographic features, applying standard mathematical formulas
• Examine and analyze data from ground surveys, reports, aerial photographs, and satellite images to prepare topographic maps, aerial-photograph mosaics, and related charts
• Compile data required for map preparation, including aerial photographs, survey notes, records, reports, and original maps
• Review project contracts to ensure that survey data and results are presented in compliance with contract requirements
• Build and organize libraries of blocks, symbols, and images used in the creation of cartographic products
• Collect information about specific features of the Earth using aerial photography and other digital remote sensing techniques
• Revise existing maps and charts, making all necessary adjustments and corrections
• Inspect final compositions to ensure completeness and accuracy
• Build and update digital databases
• Assist with proposal preparation
• Minimum of two years experience of AutoCad Civil 3D to include an understanding of surfaces experience required.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite with emphasis on Microsoft Word and Excel
• Minimum of five years of relevant drafting and cartography experience
• AS/AA or BS/BA in Drafting, Geomatics, Cartography, Geography, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or other relevant discipline
Skills and Special Requirements/ Licensing:
• Working knowledge of conventional land survey and hydrographic survey data collection processes
• Background in mathematics to include arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications
• Knowledge of imagery manipulations, geo-referencing and coordinate systems
• Comprehensive knowledge of general drafting standards, GIS data, and all aspects of the field survey process
• Demonstrated commitment to safety principles and protocols
• Highly motivated, organized, and detail orientated
• Ability to think critically and solve problems creatively
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Demonstrated ability as a leader and team member
• Excellent time management with focus on client deliverables
• Unquestionable ethics, integrity, and commitment to excellence
TERRASOND, an experienced multidisciplinary organization, remains one of the few truly independent, agile, client-focused survey companies. We deliver innovative, reliable geospatial solutions with a strong company-wide culture in HSE/Q.
OUR GREATEST resource is our people.
Our mission is to collect, compile, and identify geospatial and geophysical information that provides the best possible solution offering the lowest risk for our clients.
Local around the globe, we excel at executing remote and challenging surveys. We have successfully completed thousands of surveys in over 28 countries around the world for over 330 clients. These range from inland surveys to deep ocean seabed exploration and mapping projects.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by country, regional or local law.
If you require an accommodation, please contact TerraSond’s HR Department at 907-745-7215 x 147.
TerraSond is committed to a drug free workplace. Drug Testing and Background Checks are required.